Using QT Transitions

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Dec 31 18:45:15 EST 2004

Hi Mark,

> I must be missing something.  The Answer Effect command will bring up
> the QT dialog for a user, but what if I want the Gradient Wipe
> transition, say, as part of my stack?  The answer must be simple, but
> I'm not seeing it.  I'm using Rev 2.0 on OS X, if that makes a
> difference.

probably the best way to store QT transitions is to use
customproperties.

Like:

answer effect
set the QTgradientwipe1 of this stack to it
## or whatever name you choose

This way it will be saved with the stack and you can use it later with:

set the effectrate to 500
# ***
visual the QTgradientwipe1 of this stack very slow
## Will take 500 millisecs now
go next cd
## or whatever...

*** Us "the effectrate" (in millisecs!) to control the "very slow"
transition speed...?!
Yes, it is a bit semantically challenging to understand that the "very
slow" speed
(see the docs for "visual") can be controlled with "the effectrate"
this way ;-)

Hope that helps...

> 	Mark Greenberg

Regards and a happy new year from germany! :-)

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de

P.S.