getting the Real name of CDs from RR

thierry Douez douez at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 31 04:58:02 EST 2004

Hi,

>> Well, some good news just before the New Year :-)
>> In fact, it's not line 1 but line 2 !!!!!
>> i just tested it on Win98 too.

AT> But in this machine still does not works...
AT> this means i had to backup all files
AT> (just the kind of software i'm building now...)
AT> and reinstall. :-((

Oups ! sorry... i didn't write exactly the same code as Ken
when i tried on my machine... look closely the shell parameters :-).
just picked it up from an old script...
this could be explained why it doesn't work on your machine ?

and i didn't try Ken's new solution, but i'm pretty sure it works.

all the best
thierry

---------
on mouseUp
  answer GetCDName("d:")
end mouseUp

function GetCDName pLetter
  set the hideConsoleWindows to true
  return the last word of line 2 of shell( "Dir " & pLetter )
end GetCDName