CGI Failures --lineoffset

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 30 13:41:18 EST 2004

I tried  that... it didn't  work.. I tried just about everything... the
files are created and saved in BBEdit... I have "Unix Line endlines"
on... which normally works... (my remote team players who are command
line junkies always bark at me when I upload files with mac line
endings... so I've gotten used to trying to make sure we are getting
char(10 as end lines.

replace numToChar (10) with numToChar (13) in tTemplate, which is what
I do  when I read a file in from a remote server

I tried the opposite.

replace numToChar (13) with numToChar (10) in tTemplate,

I tried setting the line endings to Mac in BBEdit on saving text files.
then

> set the lineDel to numToChar(13)

but that didn't work either. In every case, Revolution as a CGI see the
file as a single, 1 line document.

If I go terminal and VI on the file... I see caret capital M:

^M

where endlines should be... and the file is not wrapping at all in
VI... no matter how I save it in BBEdit.

I'm stumped... mmm. let me try binfile  and see if that helps.

Sivakatirswami