menu woes...

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Dec 29 19:56:23 EST 2004

Dar Scott wrote:

> On Dec 29, 2004, at 5:29 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Frank Leahy wrote:
>>> The current hidden group implementation is fraught with problems.
>>> For example, I want to change the font to something larger than the
>>> default, but I don't dare for fear of doing something that will never
>>> be correctable.
>>

>> Which font?  The stack, the menu group, or individual menu buttons?
>> And what happens when you do that?
>
> If I understand Frank right, you're missing the point.  The problem is
> the fear, not the font.

That was resolved by another Frank (Mr. Frank D. Roosevelt):
   "There's nothing to fear but fear itself."

When faced with the option to chose between experimenting on a backup to
see what happens or not doing so out of fear, experimentation will yield
more useful results.

In the worst case your fears will be confirmed, but at least you'll know
rather than be guessing.

In the best case you'll find the solution you've been seeking, and move
on to something more interesting....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation