menu woes...

Frank Leahy frank at backtalk.com
Wed Dec 29 19:19:08 EST 2004

On Dec 30, 2004, at 12:02 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Subject: Re: menu woes...
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>
> SimPLsol at aol.com wrote:
>> However, documentation is just a stopgap measure;
>
> Until the "Getting Started" info is restored it's a rather large gap.
> ;)
>
>> what is really needed is an easier, more reliable
>> way of handling menus in Rev.
>
> What do you propose?

I think the Windows menu bar should be a separate object in the window,
that is not attached to the "content" area.  This would mean that a
window was comprised of the window titlebar (on Mac and PC), the window
menu bar (on PC only), and the window content area (on Mac and PC).

The current hidden group implementation is fraught with problems.  For
example, I want to change the font to something larger than the
default, but I don't dare for fear of doing something that will never
be correctable.

-- Frank

Web Photos Pro: Software for Photo Bloggers and Other Photo Power Users
See us on the web at http://www.webphotospro.com/