Problem with field borderwidth 2

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Dec 29 16:53:14 EST 2004

On Dec 29, 2004, at 2:06 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> Has anybody else noticed this or can verify my observation?

I don't see this on OS X or XP with Revolution 2.5.

I should clarify.

I made some fields with 3D turned off and a border of 2.  I set the
left and right so that I thought they should butt.  They do.

I did not use a stack with butting borders made some time ago, so this
does not indicate whether there was a change or not.  This does fit
with my memory of some time ago, though.

Now, our models of what should butt might be different.  I tend to use
a model of whole coordinates as being _between_ the pixels.  That is, a
pixel is the rectangle formed by n,m,n+1,m+1.  This means that a
rectangle contains whole pixels and does not split them down the edge.

So, I set the left of the right-hand field to the right of the
left-hand field.

(Borders grow from the edge inward.)

Maybe you have focusBorder on?

I have vague memory of a border-like thing that grows outward, but I
forgot what it is.

Dar