menu woes...

Chipp Walters chippwalters at tmail.com
Wed Dec 29 15:28:55 EST 2004

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 2:19 pm, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Well, this may be an issue of semantics. "Planning for it" means
> leaving enough space at the top of a stack so that when it scrolls on
> the Mac none of the data will be hidden. I like the substack idea,
> though, and I may come back to revisit this some day. Nonetheless, I
> agree with the comments that this should be easier. Menus are a basic
> part of the OS and it shouldn't be this much work fiddling with things
> to provide cross-platform functionality.

Mark,
I certainly understand your frustration, but for me as long as a
solution exists and is somehow documented, I'm a happy camper.

One of the coolest aspects of Rev menus is that you can use the same
menu grp, yet it displays correctly on multiple platforms, obviating the
need to script workarounds (as in moving the Preferences menu to
different positions).

A big plus is this list and the searchable archives (made even easier
with your excellent plugin).

-Chipp
Chipp Walters, Altuit.com
Sent from my Sidekick