Data-Only Bundle?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Dec 29 03:54:31 EST 2004

Is there such a thing as a data-only bundle on OSX?

I'm asking because I want to deliver "single file" modules (text and image
files) for my app that can be selected from the answer file dialog.
Currently I've taken a folder of files, added a ".bundle" suffix to it, and
can load it as expected from the answer file dialog, apparently without
trouble.  Is there any drawback to doing this?

The one issue I've noticed is that when double clicking on the bundle, a
dialog is displayed stating there is no specified application to open the
document.  This is not a big deal but it leads me to believe that by
creating some kind of artificial plist within the bundle, I might be able to
get it to launch my app?

Thanks for any clarification here.

Regards,

Scott Rossi