menu woes...

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Dec 28 18:47:23 EST 2004

Hi,

I'm stuck on a project and I can't figure out what to do. It's a pretty
simple problem.

I've designed and developed this fairly complete stack w/interface and
scripted all the Geometry nicely on the PC. All the functionality is
pretty much finished, but I just need to add a simple File Edit Help
menu. So, I do this on the PC and everything works fine. I put the menu
group in the top of the interface along some other buttons/features the
users accesses.

Now, when I go to the Mac, it cuts off the top of the interface (which I
NEED). If I set the height of the stack on a preOpenStack handler after
the obnoxious resizing, it only adds space to the bottom...I still don't
see the top. I know there must be a simple way to just add a menubar on
a MacOSX application w/out having to butcher my stack? I just don't know
what it is. I don't want to rewrite all the Geometry Mgmt and redesign
this project...all I want to do is what I've always done in SuperCard
and HyperCard--namely add a menu to a Mac application.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Chipp