identify broken images

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Tue Dec 28 05:42:13 EST 2004

Hi Claus and Derek,

> At 16:22 Uhr -0600 27.12.2004, Derek Bump wrote:
>> I did notice that compairing the "imagePixmapID" is giving me clues
>> to solve the problem.  If the image is a "referenced" image, and it
>> is broken, it seems to be reporting empty.  If the image is not
>> "referenced", and it is broken, the imagePixmapID is reporting a
>> negative number.  Is this what your looking for...
>>
>> if (the imagePixmapID of img "test") is empty then
>>    answer "This image is broken and unreadable."
>>    exit to top
>> end if
>>
>> Derek Bump
>
> Hi Derek,
>
> THAT'S exactly what i was looking for!
> Thank you.
>
> Now, how can this information come back to  bug 762?
> Klaus?
> Can you put this solution/information there so that other people can
> find it?

Sure, just added this to Godzilla :-)
(But the other problem with the ugly grey background still remains...)

I found that the imagepixmapid is always (at least in my tests here)
empty if an image
(imported or referenced) is broken or not even an image...

Anyway, if it is a valid image, it will always be a positive number!
Very useful, indeed :-)

> Once again, thanks Derek.
>
> Regards,
> 	Claus.
> 	(the tall one ;)

Regards

Klaus, the small(?) one, but with a major K ;-)

Klaus Major
klaus at major-k.de
http://www.major-k.de