resize in browse mode

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Dec 26 18:08:43 EST 2004

On 12/26/04 5:10 PM, "Bob Hartley" <rev at armbase.com> wrote:

> At 22:45 26/12/2004, you wrote:
>> On 12/26/04 6:59 AM, "Bob Hartley" <rev at armbase.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Ken
>
> Happy Christmas
>

>> Happy Christmas, Bob!
>>
>> Try this:
>>
>> on mouseStillDown
>>   if the altKey is down then
>>     put the rect of me into tRect
>>     put the mouseH into item 3 of tRect
>>     put the mouseV into item 4 of tRect
>>     set the rect of me to tRect
>>   end if
>> end mouseStillDown
>

> Still no luck with this.
>
> I opened a new stack, created one text field (control-e to get to the
> script editor for the object) pasted in the code.
>
> Tyen I went back to browse and tried holding down ALT and dragging out the
> field.
>
> It didn't resize.

Is the field open (i.e. you can type into it)? Because I tried this with the
field locked (the lockText is true) and it worked for me. If the field is
open, do you need to keep it open? If so, you'll need to overlay some object
in the "resizing" area that you want in order to be able to trap the mouse
doing down.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/