Using Md5Digest on stacks loaded in memory

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 08:08:57 EST 2004

Hi Dar,

Thanks a lot for answering this question.

Dar Scott wrote:

>> But, How could i get the md5Digest of a
>> stack loaded in memory?

> I don't know if you can relate a stack in
> memory to an md5Digest created for a binary file.

But, it's possible to get a md5digest of a custom
property that only exist in memory, because
the stack has not been saved to disk yet.

So it could exist some way to get the md5digest
from a stack that exist only in memory
(and still has not been saved to disk).

I believe that the engine uses a md5digest of
the stack to ask the user if wants to save
the stack loaded in memory before closing it.

>However, if I modified one of your stacks, I might
>modify it to generate the "md5" hex code of itself
>that it got before.  It's like asking a person if he
>is a liar.

Yes, i suspect that. But the purpose of having
a digest attached to the file is to reduce the
risk of having a substack that execute scripts
not authorized on the machine that is running.

I know about the secure mode, but it is a major
blocker. The stack could not write a text file
to disk or change the registry (all these
restrictions are fine), but when i try to put
text in the clipboard, to paste in another document
the clipboard is always empty!?!?!?.
I've tried this code, and many variations
without success:

set the clipboarddata to localVariableZXC

I'll like to be wrong about this, and that even in
secure mode, i could put data on the clipboard to
paste in a text editor, like notepad, but in my
side this is not possible or maybe i'm using the
wrong code.

>Maybe you can create a small stack or plugin
>whose sole purpose is to create the md5Digest of
>stacks and related files.

Looks like this is the solution, but this question
still remains unanswered:

How could the engine get the md5digest of a
single part of a stack loaded in memory
(a custom property) and not from the whole
stack, that only exists in memory too????

al

=====
Visit my site:
http://www.geocities.com/capellan2000/