DreamCard Review-PCPLUS

Wolfgang M.Bereuter wmb at internettrainer.com
Fri Dec 24 03:51:53 EST 2004

On 24.12.2004, at 07:22, Chipp Walters wrote:

>> I just hope they keep it separate, even if they do bundle it.  Engine
>> size still matters to me, and it's too easy to add stuff that I
>> rarely if ever use -- I'd hate to see a 5MB engine, and stuff adds
>> up.
>> Heck, if I had it my way I'd like to see QT broken out into a
>> separate includable module. I only need it in three apps, and
>> everything else is carrying that code around with no benefit to my
>> customers.
>
> Well put. And with Trevor's excellent QT external it could be done. I,
> too am concerned about engine bloat. But, as you know, RR has better
> connectors to the engine than we (as external developers) do-- this
> has advantages.
Well?! No, thats not well Chipp, thats excellent!!
Its exactly what I m wainting and talking about since the beginning:
The real modular developer concept! Againts th ewe will violate you
all-M$ starategy. But not only for ENGINE for the IDE too!!
We did not need that bloated Dreamcard, wich is not fish nor meat. A
real starter tool with a modular ide. That would be the killer app, but
how many times I have voted for that! I have given up and...
Anyway, thanks a lot Richard, may be once upon the time your voice is
tavelling to the highlands, waking up the sleeping nessies...

regards
Wolfgang M. Bereuter

T-mapping© is PhotoLearning Mindmaps!
http://www.internettrainer.com