printMargins?

Bill bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Dec 21 15:32:26 EST 2004

Tim Miller

I have done exactly the same thing as you. If you are printing U.S. Customs
forms, Immigration forms etc. let me know as I have already done most of the
work converting from nine to five software to revolution. I have the data
stored in mysql and when accessed sent to runrev cards that are the 8.5 X 11
and print them with:

on mouseup

  set the printmargins to 0,0,0,0
  open printing with dialog
  print card from 0,0 to 612,792
  close printing

end mouseup

As far as I can tell the margins are whatever the printer will allow. I have
had some trouble with landscape printing and still haven't converted
everything over as nine to five software reports is such an incredible
program it is very hard to duplicate it.

Bill

On 12/21/04 2:46 PM, "Timothy Miller" <gandalf at doctortimothyMiller.com>
wrote:

> Oops! This might be a duplicate message. Hope not!
>
> In preparation for a move to Revolution, I'm re-writing my HyperCard
> Reports (9 to 5 software) in hyperTalk. I'm setting up stacks the
> size of a standard sheet of 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, moving data in
> and out of fields, moving fields around and so on.
>
> As far as I can tell, the smallest margins hyperCard can manage are
> about 5/8 inch on the left and 9/16" on the right, even with
> printmargins set to 0,0,0,0. My printer will allow much smaller
> margins using other applications. This is an insurmountable obstacle.
> I'm trying to print on a government form with narrow right and left
> margins.
>
> What kind of print margins can I expect in Revolution, using the same
> procedure? I know I could fire it up and try. I've bought it, but it
> is still entirely unfamiliar. A quick answer would give me a head
> start.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> Tim Miller

            |    |    |