print margins

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctortimothyMiller.com
Tue Dec 21 13:44:04 EST 2004

In preparation for a move to Revolution, I'm re-writing my HyperCard
Reports (9 to 5 software) in hyperTalk. I'm setting up stacks the
size of a standard sheet of 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, moving data in
and out of fields, moving fields around and so on.

As far as I can tell, the smallest print margins hyperCard can manage
are about 5/8 inch on the left and 9/16" on the right, even with
printmargins set to 0,0,0,0. My printer will allow much smaller
margins using other applications. This is an insurmountable obstacle.
I'm trying to print on a government form with narrow right and left
margins.

What kind of print margins can I expect in Revolution, using the same
procedure? I know I could fire it up and try. I've bought it, but it
is still entirely unfamiliar. A quick answer would give me a head
start.

Thanks in advance.

Tim Miller