Standalone cuts off stack

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Dec 20 20:02:14 EST 2004

> I have a stack with a menubar. When I try to build a standalone from
> it, the bottom of the stack is cut off by the height of the menubar.
> This does not happen if I build in MetaCard, so the problem is
> apparently with the distribution builder.
>
> I have added a command line in a preopenstack handler to reset the
> stack size, but that doesn't work either. The stack consistently
> displays with the bottom edge missing. There are no scripts in the
> standalone that set the stack dimensions otherwise.
>
> Anyone know what causes this or how to fix it? For now, I am building
> in MetaCard.

I stumbled across a workaround that seems very reliable. In a
preOpenStack handler, resize the stack relative to an object on the
first card. It seems that when a stack first opens, its height is
unaffected by the menubar and later on it is (or vice versa), so the
absolute pixel values for the dimensions vary, but if you use the
dimensions of another object to set the stack height, then it all
works, no matter what Rev thinks at the time.

In one stack, I have a Mac menubar, and right at the bottom of the
stack window, I have a field called "Legal". In the preOpenStack
handler, this works perfectly:

   set the height of stack "NG_Pod" to the bottom of fld "Legal" + 2

In the IDE, it makes my stack too big, if it calls the preOpenStack
(which it usually doesn't), but I don't worry about that, since it
always comes good in the built app.

Cheers,
Sarah