Missing chunk scripting issue

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sat Dec 18 19:09:45 EST 2004

Greetings, Listas.

The following two lines of code are causing me a headache:

put the number of chars in line 1 of field "result" into theLast
put char (theLast - 3) to char (theLast) of line 1 of field "result"
-- message box should display the last four chars of line 1 of the field

If I use only the first part of the range - char (theLast - 3) of line 1 of
field "result" - or the last part of the range - char (theLast) of line 1 of
field "result - I do not get an error.

Obviously I've got some kind of syntax problem with how I'm defining the
range. Anyone care to suggest a solution?

TIA,
Barry