ZIP on OS X

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Wed Dec 15 14:33:06 EST 2004

Gruss Gott,

I did'nt test the options extensivelly so i can't help more about this.
When the the gzip/gunzip solution is eligible to my needs, it's always
my prefered.

Ich begrüsse sie, Freund Klaus :)

Le 15 déc. 04, à 13:20, Klaus Major a écrit :

> Bon jour Pierre,
>
>> Hello again Klaus,
>>
>> Le 14 déc. 04, à 23:27, Klaus Major a écrit :
>>> Bon soir Pierre,

>>> Ah, très bien! Merci beaucoup, monsieur!
>>>
>>> I was a bit disappointed since i knew that the command "zip" WAS
>>> available, but "man zip"
>>> only gave "no manual entry for zip".
>>>
>>> But it looks like you cannot "zip" folders/apps this way :-(
>>
>> Yes you can, wirklich, but you will need to feet the right options in
>> "zip -h" / "unzip -h"
>>
>> Last login: Tue Dec 14 23:24:45 on ttyp2
>> Welcome to Darwin!
>> [G412:~] sahores% zip -h
>> Copyright (C) 1990-1996 Mark Adler, Richard B. Wales, Jean-loup Gailly
>> Onno van der Linden and Kai Uwe Rommel. Type 'zip -L' for the
>> software License.
>> Zip 2.1 (April 27th 1996). Usage:
>> zip [-options] [-b path] [-t mmddyy] [-n suffixes] [zipfile list]
>> [-xi list]
>>   The default action is to add or replace zipfile entries from list,
>> which
>>   can include the special name - to compress standard input.
>>   If zipfile and list are omitted, zip compresses stdin to stdout.
>>   -f   freshen: only changed files  -u   update: only changed or new
>> files
>>   -d   delete entries in zipfile    -m   move into zipfile (delete
>> files)
>>   -k   force MSDOS (8+3) file names -g   allow growing existing
>> zipfile
>>   -r   recurse into directories     -j   junk (don't record)
>> directory names
>>   -0   store only                   -l   convert LF to CR LF (-ll CR
>> LF to LF)
>>   -1   compress faster              -9   compress better
>>   -q   quiet operation              -v   verbose operation/print
>> version info
>>   -c   add one-line comments        -z   add zipfile comment
>>   -b   use "path" for temp file     -t   only do files after "mmddyy"
>>   -@   read names from stdin        -o   make zipfile as old as
>> latest entry
>>   -x   exclude the following names  -i   include only the following
>> names
>>   -F   fix zipfile (-FF try harder) -D   do not add directory entries
>>   -A   adjust self-extracting exe   -J   junk zip file prefix
>> (unzipsfx)
>>   -T   test zipfile integrity       -X   eXclude eXtra file attributes
>>   -y   store symbolic links as the link instead of the referenced file
>>   -h   show this help               -n   don't compress these suffixes
>> [G412:~] sahores%
>>
>> Gott zieh dankt, we can ;)
>
> Ehm, what language did you say is this? ;-)
>
> I tried several options as mentioned here, but i always get:

> zip warning: missing end signature--probably not a zip file (did you
> zip warning: remember to use binary mode when you transferred it?)
>
> which leads me to the assumption (i have to confess that the
> terminal's help/explanations
> [...]
Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris
F - 77140 Nemours

psahores+ at +easynet.fr
sc+ at +sahores-conseil.com

GSM:   +33 6 03 95 77 70
Pro:      +33 1 64 45 05 33
Fax:      +33 1 64 45 05 33

<http://www.sahores-conseil.com/>

SIRET : 348 855 784. SIREN : en cours. TVA : en cours.

WEB/EAI services & ACID DB over IP
"Mutualiser les deltas de productivité"