URL download and Cache problems

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Wed Dec 15 12:28:44 EST 2004

Hi there,

I'm getting some Revolution weirdness when trying to download
files from the internet.

I'm using:

put "" into field "CachedURLSListField1" of card 1
put "" into field "ClearedCacheList1" of card 1

put 1 into N2
repeat while N2 < 4
load URL field "JPEGURL" of card 1 with message "downloadComplete"
--(Which sends this message to the stack which I handle by updating a
field with "Status - Download completed")

   export image "JpegImage" of card 2 to file field "ImageFileName1" of
card 1 as JPEG -- Gets entire image
   put field "CachedURLSListField1" of card 1 & the cachedURLs into
field "CachedURLSListField1" of card 1

--to list what files are in my cache
--then I supposedly delete the cache with

   unload URL field "JPEGURL" of card 1

--and to check if the file was deleted out of the cache

   put field "ClearedCacheList1" of card 1 & the cachedURLs into field
"ClearedCacheList1" of card 1
add 1 to N2
end repeat

The problems I'm running into are the following:

1.  The program doesn't wait until the first download is complete
before moving on to the second download.
2. The cache isn't getting cleared
3. It's like Revolution is executing just too fast.

If I simply put

answer "N2 = " & N2

-- before the end repeat everything downloads - but unfortunately,
-- I have to be around to press the stupid button everytime to
-- let the program move on, and I don't want to have to do that.

Any ideas as to what is going on, and as to what I need to do to fix
things?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Harrison