adjust system volume on WinXP?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Wed Dec 15 05:53:03 EST 2004

Depends on the applications... windows Media player changes the
system's volume - but it's an exception... Most apps have their own
settings (winamp doesn't...).

So I would assume rev is also independent...

In other setups, (my terratec 96/24), you have another layer of volume
to control each i/o and the mixer which is also independent of teh system.

Fruityloops has one volume per channel in addition to the app global
volume... So its 4 levels of volume boosting you can play with to get
crap recordings to sound great and loud! ;))

Experiment...

Xavier