image in white rectangle

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 14 23:21:37 EST 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 8:27 PM, Andrew wrote:

> Say I'm importing an image of a person standing in full figure against
> a white background.  When this image is in front of another larger
> image, you can see the white background behind the person.  I just
> want to make the white background behind the person invisible so it
> just looks like the person is standing in front of the other picture.

For soft edges, your best bet might be to bring the image into an image
editing program such as Photoshop, make parts transparent and then save
it as a PNG file.

If the image isn't a person or the ragged edge is OK, you can try the
tool David suggested.

Or you can modify the script suggestion I made to soften the edges.  I
doubt this would be as good as what an image editing program can do.
Unless you do something like cut the size in half or third at the same
time.

You can also erase parts with the eraser, but that will have ragged
edges.

If your background is white and no other components are near the edge
of the picture, then the ragged edge might be OK.

Dar Scott