No mouseUp

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Tue Dec 14 20:24:56 EST 2004

On Dec 14, 2004, at 2:15 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com
wrote:

> Message: 20
> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 08:19:35 +1000
> From: Sarah Reichelt <sarahr at genesearch.com.au>
> Subject: Re: No mouseUp
> To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>

>>> Hi Roger,
>>>
>>> I would guess that because you have started a drag operation, mouseUp
>>> is not going to happen. Try looking for a dragEnd message instead.
>>>
>>> Sarah
>>
>> Hello Sarah,
>>
>> Thanks for responding.  Unfortunately, dragEnd does not work.  I also
>> tried dragLeave and it works OK as a replacement for mouseUp.  but it
>> also works when in the process of dragging as you would expect.  I
>> really need to work this out as my app requires both drag and drop and
>> mouseUp events.  Any other suggestions or work-around?
>>
>> Thanks very much, Roger
>>
> The only other suggestion I have is to have multiple dragDrop routines:
> one in the original button so if the user effectively cancels the drag
> by letting the mouse go on that button, you can handle it as if it was
> mouseUp. Then in the stack or card or destination object, have another
> dragDrop that actually deals with the dropped data.
>
> Sarah

Dang!  That does not work either!!!  This is such a common interface
that I would think that something could be done???  All I want to do is
drag a content title to different folders and yet be able to click on
that title to view it's content.  There has got to be a way to do this.

Thanks very much for any other suggestions.

Cheers, Roger