Making a Rev-built app hoist itself to the foreground

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Dec 13 10:08:30 EST 2004

On Dec 12, 2004, at 2:10 PM, Sarah Reichelt wrote:

>> Is there a simple way I'm missing to create a Revolution app that,
>> when called from the command line (and thus starts in the background)
>> hoist itself to the foreground to be in front of the user? I'm
>> looking for the cross platform transcript equivalent of AppleScript's
>> "activate"
>>
> I wonder what happens if you set the relevant window to be a
> systemWindow and then set it back again? Presumably it would come to
> the front when set to systemWindow, but will it stay there?

On OS X at least, it seems that there's an additional wrinkle: apps
called through the shell command want to stay in the background. Even
when I click on their window they stay in the background, although the
window is responsive. I can drag sliders, click buttons, etc., all
while the app sits happily behind everything else. I'm going to have to
experiment further...

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com