Widgets in Tiger Dashboard

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Sun Dec 12 21:33:14 EST 2004

>Jesse Sng wrote:
>>
>>Has anyone figured out whether it would be possible for Revolution
>>to be used in creating Dashboard Widgets for Apple's upcoming Tiger
>>operating system release?
>
>If memory serves, I believe those are spec'd as JavaScript only.

It is designed to work with also code bundles. The test environment
is apparently Safari, where the stuff is invoked via some Javascript.
But you can also have html code to specify a bundle to be loaded
instead.

They are already talking about being able to load Shockwave
(basically anything that can be loaded into Safari) as a widget also.

Jesse