Label an Image with Text?

Derek Bump webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Fri Dec 10 00:00:27 EST 2004

> I was wondering if there is a way in Rev to paint a text label
> onto a jpeg image file and then save it as part of the jpeg file
> when I export it.

You mean like taking group of text and rendering it into an image?  Well, there is no native way to do this, but what you can do is this...

1. Put the text you want into a fld.
2. Take a snapshot of the fld.
3. figure out where in the imageData of the "main" image that you want to insert the imageData from the snapshot.

That method will take a VERY long time as you have to parse the main image pixel by pixel.  The other method is this, but if the image is larger than the stack then it will get cut off.

1. Put the text you want into a fld.
2. Place the fld where you want it to appear over the image.
3. Take a snapshot of the image.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software