Database Question From Newbie

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 9 07:26:40 EST 2004

--- John Miller <johnmiller1950 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Greetings All,
>
> I am trying to access our company's inventory
> database via Revolution.
> I have successfully set up the DSN under Windows XP.
> I can use Excel to
> create a Database Query and a spreadsheet with the
> information I want.
> However, I am having trouble connecting to the same
> database using
> Revolution.
>
> Here is my code:
>
> on mouseUp
>     revSetDatabaseDriverPath "C:\WINDOWS\system32"
>     get revOpenDatabase("ODBC","Database
> Name",,"userName","userPassword")
>     put the result
> end mouseUp
>
> When I run this code, I get the following error
> message:
>
>     revdberr,invalid database type
>

> Anybody got any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> John Miller

Hi John,

First I'll have to ask you why you're changing the
database driver path -- Revolutyions sets it by
default to its own directory. Have you copied the
revdb drivers to C:\WINDOWS\system32 ?

Which reminds me : Revolution expects its paths in the
'Unix' format : "C:/WINDOWS/system32/"

Other than that : what type of database are you
connecting to ? (Access, SQLServer, Progress, ...)

I'm sure we can give you a solution.

Jan Schenkel.

=====