Windows standalone two handlers separated

Andrew alw918 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 9 01:31:05 EST 2004

Thanks, Klaus, for getting back to me about my Windows standalone issue.

Making a standalone that works in Windows has been such a problem for
me!  I can't believe there's not more uproar about this.  Stuff just
doesn't work like it's supposed to and often the symptoms don't help
you pinpoint the cause.

Anyway, I implemented your idea. Specifically I wrote
send "parttwo" to btn "instructions" of cd 1 of this stack

  Is this okay?  (Because I couldn't figure out the name of my stack,
stupid as that my sound.  When I typed "answer the stack name" and such
things, I just got errors.)
Anyway, the problem still persists with my standalone.  But perhaps it
was a different problem to begin with.  The weird thing is, before I
implemented this change it seemed like the standalone was only reading
the first portion of my script, not the second (like I described
before).  WITH this change, it's not working at all.

I don't see why a parameter is preferable over a global variable, but I
implemented that suggestion anyway.  It worked fine in the development
environment, but again no nothing on the windows standalone.  Perhaps
there is some other error going on, but I can't figure it out at all.

Again, the symptom is that the Windows standalone won't put text in the
card field like its supposed to, but I suspect that might be
symptomatic of something unrelated since that's been the case with
other Windows standalone problems that I've had.

Sorry for the pestering.
I really appreciate your help!
Andrew