Setting fonts to be different in OSX and Windows

Anna Shn immunoteam at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 18:11:11 EST 2004

Hello again! and thank you for your responses! I have some questions about how to actually implement your suggestions:

Jacqueline Gay, you said:
>>Another way that sometimes works is to have a handler check >>the platform that is running, and set the font size in Windows a >>bit smaller than it is on a Mac. You can do this in a >>preOpenCard handler if the changes affect only that card, or >>do it more generally in a preOpenStack handler if the changes >>need to be widespread. For example, set the textsize to 12 on >>Mac and 11 on Windows.

What is preOpenCard/Stack and how do I access these items to change them?

>>Richard Gaskin mentioned that "There was a thread here a >>couple weeks ago on this [cross-platform texts] -- anyone have >>the time to put that into the FAQ?"
If anyone does that would be great! or if you remember the subject of the thread, I could find it myself in the archives.

Thanks again,
Anna