Standalone Problems for OSX and OS9 apps

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Tue Dec 7 17:18:48 EST 2004

> 1. App is created in 2.5, using no externals, etc, all Transcript.
> Simple loading in of text files, parsing data to send to a second
> stack window for printing. There are grey cutting guide lines on the
> printing window (this is for simple CD labeling) and also table
> boundary lines which show up properly on screen and print just fine on
> a Laserwriter printer. Everything works in the IDE. OS 10.3.4. I'm
> using tab-delimited text inserted into table fields from files loaded
> with open and read.
>
> 2. OSX standalone works great, except that all the greyed lines don't
> appear in the printed output but yet are there in the template stack.
> Huh?
I don't have any great ideas about this one. Do you create a new stack
based on a template stack? If so, it will be it's own mainStack and not
inherit any properties from the original's mainStack. Could this be the
problem?

> 3. The OS 9 stanalone is worse - the grey lines show up in print, but
> no text gets loaded into the table field for editing. Another button
> that loads text from the clipboard works, but loading from a file
> doesn't - only on the OS9 standalone.
This is almost certainly a file path problem as OS 9 operates
differently to OS X. Does the app locate the text files itself or do
you use answer file to find them? if it is locating them itself, then I
would expect that the file path is incorrect. Build an OS 9 app that
uses the answer file command and you will be able to see exactly what
the file path should be.

Cheers,
Sarah