devolution available

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Dec 7 08:57:26 EST 2004

Dick Kriesel wrote:
> I think integrating the editor with the debugger will happen a lot sooner
> and better if RR wants to support the project's goals.  Then at least we'd
> get some good clues about the current API and what changes they see coming.

Not necessarly:  they have many other priorities that I would prefer
them to place ahead of this.

Their code is open and waiting to be read, and likely does not differ
dramatically from the MC IDE code from which both this editor and their
debugger were born.

It may not be trivial, but I'm almost certain it could be done faster by
a motivated outsider than put into queue with RunRev behind a long list
of things only they can do, like engine fixes and enhancements.

Speaking of, I just got notice that bug #605 was fixed -- the answer
file filters on OS X.  Yeah!  Thanks Tuv!

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation