Offset button in "answer" dialogs

Frank D. Engel, Jr. fde101 at fjrhome.net
Mon Dec 6 13:05:00 EST 2004

Under Mac OS X, Apple's HI guidelines specify that when displaying an
alert with a third button which can potentially cause data loss (as
opposed to other, "safe" buttons), that button should be offset from
the other two buttons.  Rev seems to do this automatically when the
third button is "Don't Save", but I would like to do this with a button
having a different label.

In other words, I have a button which has a different title, but may
cause data loss.  Short of building a custom dialog for this, is there
any way to coax the "answer" dialog into offsetting a button with a
different name?

Thank you!

$ ln -s /usr/share/kjvbible /usr/manual
everlasting life.