select non-adjacent lines in a field?

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 07:36:39 EST 2004

--- Erik Hansen <erikhans08 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> this has come up.
> is there a good keyword
> for archive searching?

Let's see how I'd try and track this down:

I'll select a field, open the Inspector palette and go
to the 'Basic' panel -- in the 'List behaviour'
section I'd notice the checkboxes "Multi-lines",
"Non-contiguous" and "Click to toggle".
If I have my preferences set to use "Description of
option" as my property labels, then hovering over
these checkboxes will tell me the Transcript name of
these properties.

Next I'll check out the documentation

1) open the Rev documentation
2) go to the 'Objects' section
3) expand 'Objects'
4) expand 'Field'
5) expand 'Properties'

At this point, I'd notice that the field has a
property called 'multipleLines', so I click that.

Reading the documentation, I see that it's not quite
what I want, so on to "noncontiguousHilites" ; and lo
and behold, that's what I want.

Now that I know the field property that governs this
is called "noncontiguousHilites" I'd search the
archives for that string.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====