Rotate an image ...

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Sun Dec 5 18:41:51 EST 2004

on 5/12/04 3:24 pm, Alex Tweedly wrote

> Is there a way to rotate an image to get just the original image, but rotated
> ?

Probably several - this is Rev after all! - but here's a code snippet from
something that works for me:

    put the rect of image "KeyImg" into tOldRect
    rotate image "KeyImg" by 270
    put the rect of image "KeyImg" into tNewRect
    if tOldRect <> tNewRect then -- non square, we need to crop
      put tNewRect into tLastRect
      if (item 1 of tOldRect) = (item 1 of tNewRect) then -- assume Portrait
        add (item 2 of tOldRect) - (item 2 of tNewRect) \
            to item 1 of tLastRect
        subtract (item 4 of tNewRect) - (item 4 of tOldRect) \
            from item 3 of tLastRect
      else -- assume Landscape
        add (item 1 of tOldRect) - (item 1 of tNewRect) \
            to item 2 of tLastRect
        subtract (item 3 of tNewRect) - (item 3 of tOldRect) \
            from item 4 of tLastRect
      end if
      crop image "KeyImg" to tLastRect
    end if

As I say - it works for me.  However, for this particular application
incoming images were always the same rectangle, so I won't swear this code
isn't making a dodgy assumption somewhere.

HTH,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866