Add fields from stack in data directory to standalone

Bob Hartley rev at armbase.com
Sun Dec 5 17:02:33 EST 2004

On 05/12/2004 21:49:26, chipp at chipp.com, How to use Revolution
(use-revolution at lists.runrev.com) wrote:
 > Hi Bob,
 >
 > I would take a different approach than the one Klaus recommends. I would
 > separate my data completely from the presentation and business logic of
 > the application (the way you currently are thinking).
 >
 > If the data was basically text based (no images, movies, sounds) then I
 > may consider storing it in either a text or XML file (or customTagged
 > file format I build myself). Of course, if there was a LOT of data, I
 > might consider using SQLlite or another DBase.

Hi Chip.

OK I think I should concentrate on the xml format since that is what I
require to read and write to in the finished app.

 > If the data included images, movies and/or sounds, then I would consider
 > storing it in a stack...one that the user would never see. I don't know
 > how Rob Cozens Seredipity Library works, but I suspect this is how he
 > stores his data -- you might want to take a look at it.

I looked for that but only got blank pages when I wnet to his site
www.onenlog.com (or something liek that)

 > Then, I would keep all business logic and the presentation (GUI) stuff
 > in a standalone which cannot be written to. I would move data in and out
 > of the standalone stack.

OK I think this might be the route although Klaus's method may be better
for app2

Why I need xml is this
http://www.armbase.com/software_files/software_data/prodinfo_r4_c1.gif

regards