play sound file after movie finishes

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Dec 5 14:23:06 EST 2004

Mike,

There are basically two ways to approach this. The first is to check if
the movie is done using:

the movie
movie()
the movie
repeat until myMovie is not among the lines of the movies
See also: done constant, play command, sound function,
templateVideoClip keyword
Description
Use the movie function to synchronize other actions with sounds.
Value:
The movie function returns a list of video clip names, one per line.
Comments:
If no video clip is playing, the movie function returns done.

The second is if you know the length of the movie and base it upon time
then act upon that:

Specifies the length of a sound or movie.
get the duration of player
put (the duration of me/the timeScale of me) into totalSeconds
See also: currentTime property, endTime property, play command,
playRate property, startTime property, timeScale property
Description
Use the duration property to find out how long a movie or sound takes
to play.
Value:
The duration of a player is an integer.
This property is read-only and cannot be set.
Comments:
The duration of a player is the number of intervals in the movie or
sound contained in the player. (The number of intervals per second is
specified by the player's timeScale property.)

Look to these and the SEE ALSO section to find a few tools that might
help you.

HTH

Tom