on Openstack - on PreOpenStack - neither working

Steve Bonham sbonham at georgiasouthern.edu
Fri Dec 3 13:57:08 EST 2004

Revers,

I'm trying to get my stack to read (and put chunks of data into flds
& variables) from a text file when the stack opens.

Commands such as:
	open file myFile.txt (I'm using the fullpath)
	read line x from file myFile.txt until eof
	put line 1 of it into fld myField
	put line 2 of it into myVariable
	etc.

in both "on OpenStack" and "on PreOpenStack" handlers (they are
located in the stack script) result in no activity when I exit and
reopen the stack.

Funny thing is;
	IF I type "Openstack" or "PreOpenstack" into the message box
and hit enter-- after opening the stack...
	 it works beautifully!

I also want the stack to write to the same file on when the user
quits (I'm using "on closestack" and this handler is in the same
stack script) and it works!

I'm using Revolution 2.5 - on a Mac with OSX.
I'm getting the same behavior in:
	run mode in Rev
	run mode in Rev when Developer Tools suppressed
	and in Dreamcard Player

Can anyone tell me what's going on?-- or rather why my handlers are
being ignored?

Thx
Steve