CSV-parsing post?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 3 11:52:53 EST 2004

MisterX wrote:

 >>Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> I could have sworn I'd seen a post here in parsing CSV files
 >> recently, but now that I'm in a position to test it I can't
 >> turn it up.
 >>
 >>W ould the poster kindly re-post?  Thanks in advnance -
 >
 > c for commas or c for concurrent ;)

In "CSV" the "C" stands for "comma" ("comma-separated values").  "C"
stands for "concurrent" in "CVS".

You and I both currently use a method that walks through the data
character by character, but the method I'm looking for uses the split
command in a novel way with a ten-fold speed improvement.

Earlier versions of that algorithm failed in testing some files here,
but fortunately I was able to find the post that addresses the fix, by
Alex Tweedly:
<http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-revolution/2004-October/045450.html>

Thanks for that, Alex. I'll run the fix through some tests and see if it
works well here....

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Media Corporation