DMG compatibilty with browsers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Dec 2 23:20:35 EST 2004

On 12/2/04 2:01 PM, RGould8 at aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone tell me, from a Mac perspective, what various browsers to by
> default when one clicks on a hyperlink on a web-page that is a .DMG file?

A related question, if anyone knows the answer: In general my browser
will download a .dmg file to disk, as there is a MIME type in
preferences set correctly to recognize .dmg files. But on some sites,
they come through as plain text which displays in a browser window.

Is this due to a setting on the server? Or something about that
particular file itself? Or what?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com