Serial comm differences between PC & Mac?

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Dec 2 18:50:09 EST 2004

On Dec 2, 2004, at 2:06 PM, runrev at jkvaldez.com wrote:

> Regarding char, I'm not getting good results using it.

Well, I can learn.  I did some quick tests and I think you might be
right.  In a quick test, I dropped characters with char and did not
with int1.  Weird.

With int1, all looked good.  I sent out all 256 codes using
numToChar(), that is, 0 to 255, and read them back in using uint1 and
got what I expected:  0 to 127 and then -128 to -1

This was on Windows XP using the built-in com1: on my PC.

Dar