Lessons from Themes

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Thu Dec 2 13:27:20 EST 2004

> Native themes are the way to go, there's no reason for RunRev
> to spend
> 1 minute on porting non-native themes to other platforms.  If your
> clients are still using 2000 then they don't expect it to
> look like XP.

I dont mean to make aqua apps in windows. although, that's quite a poke for
a long awaited MacOS port for Windows (to make old or forced mac users on
PCs feel at home)! ;))

I mean, to deliver apps to a wide-os audience. I hope their GUI appearance
managers will show up correctly by nature or be ready for the design of
controls - that's all - that's what the Look and Feel feature is for which
is great but it's missing a couple OS's that have been around for a while!
Adding a theme capability to RunRev this way, WOULD BE COOL NONETHELESS
(hint... ;)

Send me the text baseline bug number and I vote for it!