db connection

Pierre Sahores psahores at easynet.fr
Tue Aug 31 05:37:50 EDT 2004

Le 31 août 04, à 00:25, Hershel Fisch a écrit :

> On Monday, August 30, 2004, at 05:02 PM, Pierre Sahores wrote:
>
>> Hello Hershel,
>>
>> Did you try this :
>>
>>> put
>>> revOpenDatabase("PostgreSQL","localhost","projetsdac","postgres","pos
>>> tgres") into PGLinkOpen
>>
>> with the second "postgres" item as the default postgres user password
>> (to be replaced by the right one if you changed it) ?
> Ok ,
> 1) I don't have a password on my Db.

If Postgres is rightly installed, the default system postgres (with
default "postgres" password") has been created during the installation
process : so it exists. Else the installation process didn't complete.

> 2) If this is the case then why is the err , invalid database type.

To see if postgres is running normally lauch the activity monitor app
and search the postgres thread. To see if the "postgres" user is
rightly set, test "su - postgres" at the shell prompt and, then if you
are prompted for the password, type "postgres". If something goes
wrong, postgres need to be reinstalled (prefer the Marc Liyanage's
installer -- <http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/>).

> 3) Using  X 10.2.8

Seems OK.

> 4) "put  revOpenDatabase("MySQL","127.0.0.1","test",postgres,)" when I
> don't have mySql running, into the message box crashes or Freezes RR.

Don't tell RR to connect MySQL if you want to access a PostgreSQL
server...

> Thanks in advanced. Hershel

Hope this can help,

Best, Pierre

>> Works there, at least under Panther.
>>
>> Le 30 août 04, à 22:03, Hershel Fisch a écrit :
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>> put  revOpenDatabase("PostgreSQL","127.0.0.1","test",postgres,)
>>> revdberr,invalid database type . Is this because its not the final
>>> release  ?
>>> Hershel Fisch

Bien cordialement, Pierre Sahores

100, rue de Paris