Documentation in 2.5 - still doesn't show correct document - gives xmlerr

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Aug 29 01:08:31 EDT 2004

Actually, Dan, I bugZilla'd b1 for docs and requested the search
*should* look inside the text. so perhaps the current behavior is due
in part to such requests, in part because, as you say, the docs in b1
were so badly broken as compared to 2.2 that I was desperate ;-)

At least they work now...

For a really new user, who is still not even familiar with the syntax,
or whose grey hairs=short term memory loss ...;-0)  one needs some
"fuzzy" logic searching..

e.g.  without the full text search, an target of "mask" with search
pointed to the dictionary, would never turn up

export snapshot [from rect[angle] rectangle [of window windowID]] \
    to {file filePath |container} [as format] [with mask maskFile]

but... thinking... duh... well it would turn up "MaskPixmapID" and
there we would see the associated term: "export command"

OK, maybe you are right... but its still circuitous if one has in his
head export issues....I still like the full list, but indeed! , as you
say, it needs to be prioritized.

An obvious and probably easy to implement algorithm: where the syntax
commands themselves which contained the target string came on top (in
alpha order of course) and the other's followed (in alpha order as
well)

constantMask
MaskData
MaskPixmapID