2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?

Wouter wouter.abraham at pi.be
Fri Aug 27 20:26:17 EDT 2004

> Re: 2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?
> 	• 	From: Marian Petrides
> 	• 	 Subject: Re: 2.5 Release Candidate 1 - Player Freeze?
> 	• 	 Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 16:34:49 -0700
>
>  It almost seems like we got different downloads, Dan. There IS a
> player in my download but the docs definitely still don't work. Dox
> work for you but there is no player. What gives?
>

> And, yes Ken the player hangs for me, too.
>
> Just out of curiosity, am I the only person who still gets xmlerr as a
> response when selecting an item in the dox?

>> On Aug 27, 2004, at 7:30 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:
>>

>> Heck, I didn't even get a Revolution Player in my OS X download.
>>

>> :-(
>>

>> Dan
>>

>>> On Aug 27, 2004, at 4:00 PM, Ken Ray wrote:
>>>

>>> Before I log this to Bugzilla, I just want to check and see if
>>> anyone else
>>>  sees this with the RC1 build - double-click on the Revolution
>>> Player and it
>>>  will get to a point where it says "Preparing..." and then it
>>> freezes (I'm on
>>>  OS X 10.3.4). If I force quit, there's a file left behind called
>>> "Revolution
>>>  Launcher".
>>>

>>> Anyone else see this?
>>>

>>> Ken Ray
>>> Sons of Thunder Software
>>> Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
>>> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi,

The player object is produced once Rev is started up once.
The launcher object is produced once the player is launched.

True the player hangs when inside the Rev folder.
If one drags a stack on the app icon after the clock cursor has changed
to pointer it will open in the player though the home stack won't hide.
But the player works like a charm when outside the rev folder and
started with a stack.

Greetings,
WA