2.5 Release Candidate 1

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Fri Aug 27 18:35:49 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

Release candidate is now up for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.

A few things to note:

You won't be able to access any of the external web browser links in this
yet, as they point to the updated web site which is currently password
protected as it gets finished.  The new site will go live when we launch.

The content for the Learning Center is still not finished.  This is
something we can update online without having to release another version of
the product.  It will be up over the next couple of days.  The installation
process now detects if the correct video codec has been installed.

The keys needed to unlock this release have not changed since beta 2.  Note
that the store and key generation systems will be taken up and down
throughout the weekend as we upgrade them in final preparation for release.
Please do not email support if you are unable to get a key from the system
because it is down - support does not have access to the system when it is
down either.  Apologies in advance for any inconvenience, this disruption is
unavoidable and will create a better system for all.

We're aware of an issue in the Documentation freezing for a minute or so
when accessing it with Web Notes turned on at the same time as downloading a
video from Rev Online.  We'll probably patch this in a minor rebuild before
we ship.

The Sample Stacks that used to be shipped with the product will be included
on the updated site as an optional download, this is so that the new Sample
Projects, which are carefully designed and commented for learning, are the
ones that new users are pointed to.  We will also be including the new
Externals SDK on the updated web site when it goes live.

At this time we are no longer able to respond to minor glitches or
annoyances reported.  This is because we must change as little as possible
in any rebuild to ensure we don't introduce any new issues.

Please do not give these URLs out.  Classic is still to follow.

http://www.runrev.com/downloads/distributions/2.5RC1/linux.tgz
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/distributions/2.5RC1/revolution-2.5-rc1.i386
.rpm
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/distributions/2.5RC1/revsetup.exe
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/distributions/2.5RC1/revolution.zip
http://www.runrev.com/downloads/distributions/2.5RC1/revolutionosx.dmg

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution - User-Centric Development Tools