Link to an Educational Stack

Erik Hansen erikhans08 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 18:16:11 EDT 2004

--- Alejandro Tejada <capellan2000 at yahoo.com>

<http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/19/technology/circuits/19teac.html>

> The article mentioned that you had created
> dozens of games: a role-playing card game
> called
> Magic: The Gathering that requires students to
> "dress"
> historical figures with qualities that best fit
> their
> names, a multimedia quiz on comma placement or
> the
> multiplication of polynomials, fill in blank
> speech
> balloons from Calvin and Hobbes comic strips
> and
> Jeopardy-like games to train students for the
> Academic Decathlon, a student contest.

sounds like an active sense of play inplay.

Andre Garzia (with a Z) wrote:
"code and comedy are very similar,
how many times you looked at a source
and laughed..."

this speaks to Richard Gaskin's thoughts
on using RunRev in brand new ways.

maybe humor is a crucial though intangiable
element in educational apps for kids.

Erik Hansen

=====
erik at erikhansen.org    http://www.erikhansen.org