anyone here would use simple httpd or ftpd code?

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 27 10:45:28 EDT 2004

On Friday, August 27, 2004, at 01:07 AM, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Being able to accept uploads (through ftp or http) would be the most
> welcome feature for me.
>
> robert

I know little or next to nothing about this topic. I know how to use
Fetch. OK, so I'm a dumbBo, big deal. I'm also in need of trying to
send a randomly named 1kb text file to an anonymous FTP upload  folder
from a commercially sold standalone app. I want to use this same
anonymous FTP upload folder to have a product fulfillment app running
from my place of business batch process these files, remove them from
the upload folder, and send out reciprocal unlock keys for feature
upgrades.

My biggest problem was finding a server that still uses or makes
available these anonymous FTP upload folders. Turns out you can host
your own remote servers at ServerBeach.com with 2000 gig transfer rate
per month. So now I'm off to learn all about that. This was my answer
to having my commercial apps e-mail me with the user's own e-mail
client.

I believe that Rev already has native functions to handle these
anonymous folder FTP uploads. This was the only way I could figure out
how to get a text file from anywhere in the world to a single location
that I could use another app to make use of through automation.  I
imagine that there is a CGI method using the post function but I would
need that FTP folder for other needs anyway so I just decided to use
that FTP approach.

Mark