Bugzilla nr. 1032

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 27 09:56:52 EDT 2004

--- "Frank D. Engel, Jr." <fde101 at fjrhome.net> wrote:
> Not true.  By default, the text for buttons is
> centered unless an icon
> is present, in which case the text is immediately
> below the icon, and
> they are sort of centered together in the button.
> This default would
> call for an additional alignment option.  You would
> not really need a
> new option for horizontal alignment, would you?
> Isn't that working
> already?  A vertical alignment option would be
> sufficient, perhaps with
> options like "top", "bottom", "center", "belowIcon",
> and "aboveIcon" --
> where "belowIcon" (the default) and "aboveIcon"
> would be equivalent to
> "center" when no icon is present?

You're right : horizontal alignment is already working
properly, and I was merely echoing Tuviah's idea of
adding vertical alignment and some synonyms for the
current (horizontal) textAlign property.
And you do have a couple of neat proposals for the
vertical text alignment ; though for clarity, I'd
replace "center" with "middle" for this property.
Will you bugzilla these and let us know the number so
we can vote for it ?

Jan Schenkel.

=====