Altuit releases MagicCarpet (finally!)

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Aug 27 03:46:32 EDT 2004

Andre,

A number of users have already asked me how to use MagicCarpet locally
on their own computer. I've setup a video demo using an existing FTP
server on XP (Don't know how to setup the FTP on MacOSX yet, but am
learning!)

It would be really cool if MagicCarpet could utilize the FTP part of
libNetServices. Check out the video "Install a local FTP server on your
WinXP PC" at (no audio) to see how to configure your FTP server:

http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/MagicCarpet/VideoClassroom.htm

Also, for those of you still reading, I've installed an 'auto-open'
stack for users of the MagicCarpet plugin. Just be sure and use
altPluginToolbar and open the PREFS and 'checkForUpdates.'

The standalone app will auto-update itself. Now, I need to go back to
putting the final touches on the Mac altBrowser (which I would like to
solicit a couple beta testers!). It's pretty much done, I just need to
build a great demo stack and website for it!

best,

Chipp