Bugzilla nr. 1032

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 26 16:02:37 EDT 2004

On 8/26/04 1:21 PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> On 8/26/04 12:43 PM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
>

>>I added 2 other comments, but no response, the thing is "resolved as
>>fixed"
>>
>>I searched desparately, but did not find this "included" new feature...?
>

> Actually, it's not the textHeight, but the margins. If you set the margins
> to a large value, the button text shifts up. It's still an odd effect,
> though, because if you're showing the button itself (i.e. it's border, etc.)
> the icon and the text that goes over it is not vertically centered to the
> button - the icon remains where it would be if there was text below it; it's
> just that the text moved.

This is weird. If you set the margins using a single number ("set the
margins to 20",) you get what you describe above. If you set the margins
using a series of four numbers ("set the margins to 5,10,20,10"), it
only uses the first one.

BUT: If you set the margins using a single number, which forces the text
label upward, and then you set the topmargin separately -- voila -- the
icon moves down.

And THEN: thinking that setting the bottomMargin separately would then
move the text upward again, I did that. And both the icon and text moved
up together.

At any rate, it looks like you can get good results by doing this:

   set the margins to 20
   set the topmargin to 25

Or something similar.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com