use-revolution Digest, Vol 11, Issue 101

tuviah snyder tuviah at runrev.com
Wed Aug 25 12:14:07 EDT 2004

> I'm at the tail end of two years using Rev and we haven't had speech on
> WindowsXP. I'm getting ready to move to RealBasic simply because of this
> issue.
RB has text to speech and is SAPI5 compatible, what?

> Frankly, I'm quite hesitant to pony up any more $$ for Rev if this
> isn't fixed.
> -- I hear you! I need speech for my disabled users but if its not there
for
>both mac/windows by Nov 1, then I too will need to move on to RB. I already
got
>burned on revxml not working under win95 because it just was not tested by
>RR, am not about to get hurt again on speech. If RR has an dll, library
that
>suppose to work on older OS, than test it please ,or document when it
breaks
>instead of having paid users find out for you.Or, Admit its not been tested
and
>warn users ;-)
SAPI 4 can co-exist with SAPI 5. As it stands I do have code to get text to
speech working with SAPI 5, see if I can squeeze it in between now and
release. I'm just wondering what bugzilla number is this, and why hasn't it
been voted on or marked critical?!

WRT XML working on Win95, that's on my to-do list and needs to be resolve
before final.

Best,
Tuviah